Environmental services, energy, health care, and other rapidly growing sectors rely on chemical analysis and research – and they all need laboratory technicians with specialized skills for the chemical lab.
This program a solid education in organic and inorganic chemistry, calculus and advanced science. Graduates will be able to
- Develop and apply concepts or knowledge essential to a thorough understanding of chemical analysis.
- Use information necessary to understand and execute the lab procedures to prepare reagents, standard solutions, test samples as well as instruments and glassware to run the required tests.
- Analyze and interpret data in relation to test results.
- Practice safety while working in chemical labs.
- Be familiarized with standard test methods (ASTMs, ISOs, etc.) and skills to accurately and precisely perform comprehensive whole sample analysis of oil, gas, water and solids.